KISCOL's interest in giving back to the society has seen the birth of various CSR projects undertaken by the company to benefit the Kwale County population. Such projects include:
- During the Ramadhan season 2014, KISCOL was involved in the packaging and distribution of 11,000 care packets to residents of Kwale Countly.
- Provision of free training to out-growers on good agricultural practices.
- Construction of Duncan Ndegwa Primary School in Fingirika
- Donation towards construction of hostels at Matuga Girls High School
- Provision of funds for installation of Electricity at both Ramisi Primary and Secondary schools
- Providing resource and logistical support for KESREF and Ministry of Agriculture functions in the area.
- Grading of roads to allow easy access to villages around the area
- Grading of sports fields for various educational organizations
- Renovation of former County Commissioner’s office
- Supplying piped water to the Mrongotoni Community
- Establishing a tree nursery for schools in Kwale and the community
Upcoming CSR activities:
It is important to KISCOL to look after the surrounding community, aiming to improve the lives of area residents. Through a policy of returning a portion of its earnings to society, in addition to ensuring that its employees adhere to its high standards of behaviour, the company evokes trust among partners, stakeholders, employees, and the community.
To be a world class manufacturer of sugar and associated by-products
To manufacture high quality sugar and associated by-products by utilizing leading edge technology and investing in our people in order to deliver superior customer value, maximize shareholder returns and satisfy other stakeholder interests.